For some time now, those who have successfully registered for NIMC were only allowed to check if it is ready for collection right or not. However, NIMC has broken down the process by just making it simple to get your National ID Card online.
Heading to their office is complicated; however, with the freshly launched online process, your National ID card can be gotten ASAP. The NIMC has erased these fears by launching a fast means of getting your national identity card via an online application, and we break it down below. See How To Get Your National ID Card Online Via NIMC Mobile App:
How Can I Get My National ID Card Online Via NIMC Mobile App?
- Get the NIMC Mobile ID application downloaded.
- Before anything else, you have to download the NIMC Mobile ID application, powered by its mobile serves platform (MWS).
- For Android owners, download from the Play Store or APKmirror here. For iOS users, download from the App Store.
- After downloading and installing the NIMC Mobile ID application, the next step is to precisely type in your eleven-digit national identity number (NIN) found on your national identity slip. If you cannot remember or locate your NIN, simply dial *324# on your Nigerian sim cards only. Don’t type your bank verification code (BVN) as your NIN if you do not want to be blacklisted.
- Choose +234 as your phone country code if it is not the default selection before typing in your remaining ten-digit mobile number and use the mobile number registered with your NIN. Make sure you don’t make mistakes when filling in your info, confirm again to correct any errors. Tap “Next” on the top far right.
- Read and Agree to the attestation.
- Enter your secret PIN and make sure it is something you can seamlessly remember to safeguard your credential on the application and then tap “Finish.”
- Lastly, tap “Show My ID,” and your national identity card will be set for download.
That is that you now have your national ID card.